What is flexible tile and flexible stone?
- This is a new unique lining material consisting of small particles of stone (marble chips) fraction from 1 to 3 mm, connected by an acrylic resin.
- It has a high durability, resistance to moisture, temperature and precipitation.
- With kick and friction on the tile Delap does not appear the chips and cracks, which allows its to use in areas with the harsh environments.
- Please, take a look at Flexible stone in the «Gallery».
What is flexible tile?
Flexible tile is made of the natural marble chips from Italy and an acrylic resin.
The acrylic dispersions are ecologically safe for the health.
What is the thickness of the flexible tile?
Tile’s thickness is less than a quota of inch (0,16 in)
Where can I use flexible tile?
The scope of flexible tile is quite extensive: the facades, pedestals, fences, interior walls, kitchens, bathrooms, fireplaces, columns, and many other surfaces.
How many years guarantee on the flexible stone Delap?
The manufacturing plant warrants 30 years of service life. But pay attention, the service life of the material depends on properly prepared surface (base) and correct installation process.
How to install a flexible stone?
The required minimum for applying the flexible stone includes glue, knife, scissors, and brush.
- Prepare surface (it should be free of contaminants such as a wallpaper etc.).
- Apply an adhesive (for laying stone and ceramic tiles).
- Place the protective paper stone on the top. You can only remove it after the installation.
Using the grout is not necessary. This function is performed by glue. To make the seams in color, just add a colored pigment glue (use glue and pigment one brand!).
Which side of the tile glue?
The sheets are apply with the back of the material, the protective paper should be on the face side.
Can I install a flexible tile on the corners?
Yes, flexible tiles can be laid on the interior and exterior angles of 90 degrees, as well as on the column by warming them up with the dryer.
What type of glue to use for laying flexible tile?
We recommend using the adhesives for laying stone and ceramic tiles — Flexibility adhesive with high adhesion and good resistance to frost.
Pay attention if your façade is revetted, then you need to choose an adhesives with frost resistance of not less than 50 cycles.
What is the adhesive consumption?
An adhesive consumption is 5.51 lb. / 10.76 sqft
Do I need to grout for flexible tile?
Use grout is not necessary. This function is performed by glue. To make the seams in color, just add a colored pigment glue (use glue and pigment one brand!).
While the installation, the adhesive is squeezed in between the seams of the space and then should grate with a brush soaked with water.
What for a protective paper?
- Paper on the face of the tile protects the material during installation and mashing seams, which allows do not spoil the aesthetic appearance of your facade and exterior.
- Do not remove the paper before installation. Remove the paper within 12 hours after the installation and grouting.
How can I cut a flexible tile?
Flexible tile cut with scissors and papering knife.
Can flexible tile lose color over time?
No, tile does not lose its color, as it consists of natural marble chips. The colors are inherent.
Do I need to cover the stone by protective compound?
No, the flexible tile does not required to cover by protective layer. Material already includes a protective coating layer.
Is it possible to glue tiles on the wallpaper?
No, you cannot glue tile on wallpaper. The surface of the walls should be strong, and free from layers of old surfaces.
What are the advantages of flexible stone to other finishing materials?
- The structure of a flexible stone with natural non-combustible materials.
- Due to the elasticity, fits on virtually any surface.
- After the installation, the flexible stone becomes as strong as natural (or artificial stone), and the cladding process is much simpler and less time-consuming.
- Resistant to temperature changes.
- Can be used in high humidity areas.
- Has an antistatic properties.
Why flexible tile (stone) better artificial or natural stone?
- Flexible tiles (flexible stone) is much cheaper than an artificial stone.
- Flexible tile is made of the natural marble chips, does not contain dyes and ultraviolet resistant.
- Flexible tile is lightweight, which is not overloading the front of the house.
- Flexible tile has a low weight, which reduces the cost of transportation.
- Flexible tile can be installed on a variety of uneven surfaces.
- Flexible tile is easy to install.
- Flexible tile can be laid at angles of 90 degrees at warming by a building dryer.
- Consumption of adhesive for laying flexible tile is only 5.51 lb. / 10.76 sqft .Unlike artificial and natural, where adhesive consumption is 13.22 lb. / 10.76 sq. ft.
- No grout. Flexible Tile does not require Grout. An adhesive works as Grout. The grout consumption is 2.2 lb / 10 sg. ft.
- Flexible tile can be cut with scissors or a knife. Artificial and natural stone are cut only by the stone cutter.
- Flexible tile has a protective paper on the front side that protects tile during the installation, grouting and do not spoil its aesthetic appearance.